There are many different ways to travel to St Martin de Belleville.
You may choose to travel by air and have the flexibility to depart from your local airport and choose flight times to suit you. A private transfer can be booked to meet you from the airport and bring you directly to the chalet without having to wait for other passengers.
Car hire and shared shuttle transfers are also great options for getting from the airport to the chalet and may work out cheaper, especially for singles, couples and smaller groups.
And how about driving yourself? Pack everything in the car and travel at your convenience. This offers you the advantage of having your car in resort in case you would like to drive up to Val Thorens or down the valley to Moutiers.
Whichever suits you the best we are here to help and offer advice!
Driving is straightforward and quick. The journey time between Calais and St Martin is between 7½-9 hours and many of our chalets come with private parking. If they don’t then there are plenty of parking lots in the village where your car can be parked for free all week long.
Channel crossings can be booked via the following web sites:
- ‘Eurotunnel’ from Folkestone to Calais – www.eurotunnel.com
- ‘P&O Stena’ goes from Dover to Calais – www.poferries.com
- ‘Norfolk Line’ goes from Dover to Calais and Dunkirk and from Newhaven to Dieppe – www.norfolkline.com
- ‘Brittany Ferries’ go from several harbours in the South of England (Plymouth, Poole and Portsmouth) to different harbours in France – www.birttany-ferries.co.uk
Flights arrive at Chambery, Grenoble, Geneva and Lyon. Transfer times vary between 1 hour and 15 minutes for our closest airport, Chambery and 2 hours 15 minutes from the furthest airport, Lyon. We can organise a transfer for you so that there will be someone to greet you off the plane to take you straight to the comfort of Chalet Alpage.
To help you, here are some of the airlines that fly to our close by airports:
- FLYBE fly to all airports from all over England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. www.flybe.com
- EASY JEY fly into Geneva from Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Isle of Man, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, London (Gatwick, Luton, Southend and Stansted), Manchester, Newcastle and Newquay. www.easyjet.com
- RYANAIR fly to Grenoble from London Stansted. www.ryanair.com/en
- JET2 fly to Chambery, Grenoble and Geneva from Belfast, Blackpool, East midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle. www.jet2.com
- MONARCH AIRLINES fly to Grenoble from Birmingham, Edinburgh, East midlands, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester & London Gatwick. www.monarch.co.uk
- British Airways, Air France, Swiss Int. Airlines & KLM all fly from various UK airports!
The Mountain Rescue
A private transfer is the best, cheapest and by far the most comfortable option for larger groups. (4+)
There is no waiting around at the airport or stopping at different resorts on the way. You will have a private driver waiting for you at the airport bringing you straight to the front door of your chalet.
Our recommended airport transfer company ‘The Mountain Rescue’ offers private transfers from all airports and train stations for as little as €75 return. It works out the cheapest if you fill a minibus of 8 people!
Experienced and friendly drivers will bring you safely to the front door of our chalet. Mountain Rescue also offer a shared transfer option which could make your transfer cheaper if others are found to share the trip with you!
A shared transfer is often the cheaper alternative for couples and smaller groups to get to resort. Most shared transfer companies have two drop-off / pick-up points in the village of St Martin de Belleville.
- ‘La Mairie’ or ‘Place de l’Eglise’ in St Martin de Bellville / Les Bellevilles
This is the bus stop in the village centre of the village.
- ‘Les Grangerais’ in St Martin de Belleville / Les Bellevilles
This is the bus stop in the higher part of the village – Close to the main gondola.
> We have marked the bus stops on our resort map.
Alpybus offers shared transfers from Geneva Airport to St Martin de Belleville on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for €54.00 one way in their 12/13 seater busses.
These busses leave up to 5 times per day – Please click on the following link for their timetable:
Get a 5% reduction by using the promo code: SCR3NTALS
We recommend checking their timetable before booking your flights to minimise your waiting time at the airport. Alpybus only drops-off at the “Place de l’Eglise” in the village centre of St Martin de Belleville.Get an instant quote
GENEVA, GRENOBLE & LYON AIRPORT
Ben’s Bus offers shared transfers from Geneva, Grenoble and Lyon airport to St Martin de Belleville.
Their large coaches leave several times a day and when in Moutiers, you might need to get on one of their other minibuses before heading up to St Martin de Belleville.
Their prices are very competitive at around €95.00 return from Geneva Airport.Get an instant quote
GENEVA & LYON AIRPORT
Altibus is a French shuttle company offering large coaches from all airports to St Martin de Belleville.
Prices vary from €125 – €150 return depending on the airport.